- Football, technology and cars are favourite interests
- Spending time with family, reading and travelling are favourite ways to spend spare time
- News, wildlife documentaries and DIY shows are favourite TV programmes
- The Sun, Daily Mail and The Mirror are favourite newspapers
- Less than half use a laptop for work, more than a quarter use an iPad/tablet
- Over half use Facebook, a quarter Twitter and one fifth Google
Surprisingly, tradespeople surveyed said they preferred reading in their past time to playing sport and a quarter of those who undertake manual work enjoy photography. Welders and plumbers proved to be the best dressed amongst the bunch, with 30 percent of them having an interest in fashion. The results of our survey helped to reinforce that we have a much more diverse workforce than people might have expected!