The conversion of an eleven storey office block into a mixed use development consisting of ground floor retail units with 132 one & two bed apartments above.The development comprised 80 market units & 52 social housing units. The project was on confined town centre site requiring extensive internal modification and demolition. The structure was a typical circa 1960’s precast concrete clad building requiring substantial upgrading of thermal and sound properties to meet current legislation.
The project was Design and Build administered under a PPC 2000 (amended 2003) contract with a value of £7.5M & a contract period of 12 months. The project is due for completion in March 2011 on programme and within budget. The delivery of this fast track project within such a short timescale was achievable.
- 132 kitchens inc appliances
- Client: Ashbury Construction Services Length of custom: 2 yrs
- Length of project:12 months with 12 months servicing agreement. Start date Jan 2010
- Products used: Strata Maple, Boston, Pearl Black, Astro, 237mm Handles, Eco Bin
- Why CKS: On site service, delivery of 12 kitchens per week.
- Ever changing brief and reacting efficiently and effectively
- Consistently achieving service levels of Directors / Site Managers Ipswich branch